Fáilte Romhat

  The Parliamentary Gazetteer of Ireland - Ring

The Parliamentary Gazetteer of Ireland

1844-1845


RING or RINGARUNDEL, a small fishing-harbour on the east shore of Clonakilty bay, about 1  mile from the town of Clonakilty, barony of Ibane and Barryroe, со. Cork, Munster. A curved pier, 230 feet in length, and quay-faced on each side was constructed here by the late Fishery Board, and has been a very useful work, not only for the purposes of the fishery, but also as a commercial harbor, and as a safety asylum for small craft.